How you can support our work
Our volunteers support us in many different ways making a difference to the lives of older people.
Volunteering on-site at our schemes
MHA offers residential, nursing and specialist dementia care within our Care Homes, which are situated throughout the country. Our volunteers contribute to enriching the lives of residents. There are opportunities to support and befriend residents, assist with a range of activities or provide practical help through driving or gardening. Currently, there are over 1,500 volunteers involved in our Care Homes. Volunteers can also support the work of our Chaplaincy service, which offers support and spiritual guidance to people of all faiths and also to people without a particular faith.
Volunteering in the community
In our community-based Live at Home schemes, over 2,200 volunteers help us to provide services to older people, promoting independence and offering different social opportunities such as lunch clubs, exercise groups and coffee mornings. The range of services offered varies locally depending on the needs of the community. Community drivers and befrienders are also essential. Many people also support us by being part of a local committee helping the scheme to run smoothly.
- Wide variety of opportunities with the flexibility to fit around you.
- A hugely rewarding way to help others
- An excellent introduction to volunteeringPersonal development opportunities
- Social interaction with others
- Be part of a close-knit group
- Expand your skills and enhance your CV
- Full support, training and induction provided for all our volunteers
Or if you have any questions, get in touch
or telephone 01332 221 889