Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer. Anon
Over 4,000 volunteers with different skills and backgrounds help MHA do more. Our volunteers are vital to our success and do so much to help enrich the lives of older people in our care.
Volunteering with MHA is completely flexible, and might range from a one-off activity to an on-going regular role. Here are some of the ways people support our work.
- Help older people remain independent in their own homes through befriending and assisted shopping.
Click here to meet Carl who is helping people in his community through befriending.
Click here to hear how Patrick is learning new skills whilst helping older people lead independent lives at South Leeds Live at Home.
- Help us to include older people in the local community through organising and supporting activities in our care homes and independent living projects.
Click here to meet Dorothy who helps us do more for residents at Hinton Court in Guisborough.
- Click here to meet Kymberly who has found the career path she wants to follow through volunteering at Stanton Lodge, Swindon.
- Help us to offer beneficial services to our residents, free of charge, through fundraising.
Click here to meet Lorna and Tony Light who have raised over £800 in support of our Music Therapy for people living with dementia.
- Help us to spread the news about our work and speak on our behalf at meetings and groups.
Click here to hear what Leslie Dalby, who represents MHA in the Southampton District of the Methodist Church, has to say about being a volunteer.
We make sure our volunteers are supported, receive training if needed and are valued.
If you are looking for a chance to use your experience or develop new skills, whilst making new friends and enjoying life, then please get in touch. Visit our map to find the home, housing or live at home scheme nearest to you. The Manager will be delighted to hear from you.
Methodist Church Volunteer Representatives
Our relationship with members of the Methodist Church is important to us, and can only develop with the help of volunteers who know their local communities. If you can help us to pass on information and worship resources, in order to raise awareness and encourage support, please contact Lesley on 0113 272 8466.
Thank you to all our volunteers who help us do more.